Tuesday, April 10, 2012

31 Fundraiser for Sweet Caroline

Through Reece's Rainbow and the adoption process I not only got a beautiful little girl with designer jeans, but I also got a lot more! I have these new amazing friends who are really much more like family to me. One of those amazing friends is Sarah.

Sarah and I became friends in the summer of 2010 as I was heading over the Atlantic Ocean to meet Milana. We chatted while I was in Ukraine, we chatted when I got home from Ukraine, and we chat pretty much every day of the week.

If you don't know Sarah's story I am going to try to give you the short version. Sarah and her husband were in process to adopt Sweet Caroline in the Summer of 2010. They had a long process as they also had to wait for their little girl to become available. In the Summer of 2011 their dossier was in Ukraine and waiting. Unfortunately they never received their travel date because the laws changed and Caroline was no longer available for adoption.

To say that this was a difficult and sad time for Sarah and her family isn't really covering just how awful this was. I know I felt awful and I wasn't adopting Caroline. I just hurt for my sweet friend!

About 3 weeks ago (7 months after finding out they could not adopt Caroline as she was no longer available for international adoption) Sarah received a phone call from the amazing State Side Helper Nancy who told her that the laws had changed and Caroline WAS available yet again!!! So Sarah got her paperwork updated and/or redone. She had it done in an amazing 8 days - and I thought getting my stuff done in 2 months was good - JEESH!!!

Sarah is now waiting for her documents to be approved, submitted, and to get a travel date. I really want more than anything to help her raise the money she needs for her adoption. In order to do that I am having a 31 fundraiser (I am a consultant) and am going to donate the proceeds to Sarah's adoption fund.

I would love it if you would help out by ordering something. You can go to www.mythrityone.com/jenniferwojcik and click on place an order and you can begin shopping. Or if you would like to donate directly to their FSP you can go to http://reecesrainbow.org/34695/sponsorgoodman-2. Either way I would greatly appreciate any help you can give them.

Oh and if you like purses for every $31 you spend all purses are 1/2 off. Thank you so much for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment