Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Things

I have to admit that I had been starting to become discouraged until yesterday. People haven't seemed all that interested in our families interest to adopt. No one really asked how things were going and we have had people either flat out tell us it's a bad idea or tell us it is a good idea and then tell others that it was a bad idea.

Anyway...yesterday a friend of mine at work asked me how things were going and both her and her Mom have gotten on board and begun to help me out. I can't tell you what their support means to me!! It has been so amazing!

I have also been fortunate enough for the last few weeks to have the support of another friend. She has been checking with her adoption agency regarding different things for me and just been extremely helpful. I also can't thank her enough!!!

Another exciting thing that happened yesterday was I finally connected with another Mom on Reece's Rainbow who actually lives down the street from me. It was great to talk to someone who is going through this adoption stuff right now and also know that she is right there. She has offered to help and was just wonderful. We can't wait to get our kids home so we can have playdates!!!

I've finally gotten my fundraising letter ready thanks to my friend and her Mom and have been working on addressing the envelopes. I am hopeful I can get to the post office today and get some stamps and put some of those letters in the mail.

I think that is all the happy news for now :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we finally go to talk last night. I can't wait to see how God is going to work out the financial details of your adoption. I'm praying for big things to happen to get you on your way to your son or daughter waiting in another country! I too can't wait for those playdates...won't be too long...I just know it!

    Hang in there!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is happy news !! I read this quote every day during my adoption journey

    'And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom ' Anais Nin

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete