Friday, March 26, 2010

Waiting and Wondering

Currently in our journey to bring Milana home we are in the waiting place. If you have ever read the book Oh the Places You'll Go by Dr. Suess you know all about the waiting place. If you know me at all you know I have no interest in staying in the waiting place for any length of time. But that is where we are now. And I have a feeling this is a place we will be periodically throughout this process. Regardless, it isn't an enjoyable place to be. Especially when your goal is to bring your baby home to you.

Some of the things we are waiting for aren't too bad. We are waiting for some forms to be mailed to us and some forms to be completed at the doctor so I can pick them up. One of the things we are waiting on right now is our passports. Mine should be arriving any day now. Chris went and applied for his passport yesterday so hopefully that will come in the next 2 weeks. Without our passport numbers we can't complete any of the forms we have left in our dossier. So here we are waiting.

While we wait we are constantly wondering. Throughout the day I can't tell you how many times I look at the clock and wonder what Milana is doing right now. I woke up this morning and it was lunch time over there. I couldn't help but wonder what was she having for lunch. Did she have enough to eat. What did she eat.

Now I am wondering if perhaps it might be nap time over there. If it is will there be anyone to read her a story before she goes down for her nap. I wonder what it will be like the first time I get to read her a story. I wonder how she is feeling right now? I wonder what it will be like to meet her for the first time. I wonder if she will know when we get there that we are her Mommy and Daddy. I wonder what it will be like to finally get to hug her and tell her how much we love her. I also wonder if she knows her Mommy and Daddy are working really hard to come and get her and bring her home.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes...the waiting place. Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come, or a plane to go get Milana, or the MAIL to come (with forms please), or the phone to ring (from your facilitator saying it's time to travel). The waiting will be worth it!!!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you make her something special while you wait? Something you can pour all your love and anticipation into? Maybe that will help.

    ReplyDelete