Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Never A Dull Moment

What an adventure this whole process has been so far and of course continues to be. We have been working hard to raise money to bring Milana home. We had a great turnout last week at Texas Roadhouse. It was so nice of our friends to come. We also met some new friends.

Our yard sale on Saturday was amazing! We were fortunate enough to raise most of the money we needed to send out our I600A. I can't tell you how happy this made me! I went to the bank yesterday, got a certified check, and mailed that baby out yesterday!!! Hooray!!!

Of course with our baby steps forward there are also those baby steps back. I do have to redo a bunch of papers that I had completed. Unfortunately, they weren't exactly correct :( From what I understand this happens and there are others out there who have to redo forms. Better to get them right now than pay the price later!

I am going to be attending a preschool transition meeting. Although Milana isn't here with us yet she will be soon enough and we need to be ready. So...I am looking forward to all that new information.

All in all things are moving along. There is just so much to do!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hurray for getting the i600a sent off! Big step! Can't wait to hear what you learn at your meeting. Thanks for being willing to take extra notes for me. :)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! HUGE step forward. Don't get discouraged about the paperwork. I had to redo some forms 5 times to get them exactly right but had no problem getting our dossier accepted so it's worth it! Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the meeting went well! I'm already stocking up for your next yardsale:)

    ReplyDelete