Monday, January 10, 2011

Nacho Libre or The Incredible Hulk?

In the last couple of weeks Milana has begun doing some interesting things. In an effort to keep her from doing one of those things we decided to see if we can change her wardrobe a bit. So...in an effort to keep Milana from unzipping her pj's every morning, opening up her diaper, and exploring its contents we've changed her pj's a bit. First I put her onesie on backwards. Then I cut the feet off her jammies and put those on her backwards as well. She is pretty bright and generally doesn't miss a trick so she was a little stumped as to what I was doing.
I am really just hoping that she can't figure out how to unzip her jammies if they are on backwards. And...if she does I'm really hoping it is too much work for her to unsnap her backwards onesie. Bottom line is that I REALLY, REALLY hope that this works!!!
Drastic times call for drastic measures. It gets pretty exhausting having to jump out of bed the second you hear Milana stirring just to be sure she isn't getting into things. Then there are the times where she is too quiet that the silence is what wakes you. You think you're safe, but in reality you still didn't get to her fast enough. I'm not sure about you, but there are some surprises I just don't need to wake up to! Did I mention that I am really hoping this works? Aside from the obvious I did also cut the feet off a really cute pair of pj's :)
So...does she look like Nacho Libre with those jammies or The Incredible Hulk?

4 comments:

  1. Someone knows what's uuuupppp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's too cute to be considered either of those people. I've heard duct tape over the zipper works too. Are you off tomorrow already? I haven't checked. My poor homeschooled kids will still have to do some school tomorrow either way. What a mean teacher they have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jenn...One of my boys starting unzipping his pjs and causing problems when he was little. (*ahem* I think I know what your story too disgusting to share was now!) I did the backward pj thing, too...but I can't for the life of me remember if it worked or not! Honestly the past nine years are a total blur of kid-related things I've blocked from my mind! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always worked for us and when mine figured out how to unzip it from behind I started putting a safety pin through the zipper pull. When she defeated that I sewed a stitch through it every night. I had to cut her out of her pjs every day but it was worth it not to wake up to poo cleanup every morning!

    ReplyDelete