Friday, August 20, 2010

Social Butterfly

I know I have said it before, but it must be said again - this girl is not only VERY busy, but VERY social. She seems to love everyone she sees. The one thing she wasn't sure of at first is her dolly. She liked it and then didn't. I showed her how to hug it and kiss it and now she likes it for a few minutes at a time. Although most activities she likes for only a few minutes at a time. Then she moves on to something else. I did think this was really cute though. When she was finished pushing her baby she just left the doll and walked off. I have to say I think we need one of these at home. This is about the only thing that slowed little Miss Milana down. So we will be looking into getting her a little pool and filling it up with all sorts of plastic balls. Shortly after Milana got out of the balls one of the other children in the orphanage came running over from across the grounds, walked past Milana, and dove headfirst into the balls. It was hilarious! Her caretaker had to come over and get her and then she still wouldn't come out. The poor woman had to go in after her. (That was funny too)!
This is Milana on one of the couches outside. We were nowhere near it and little Miss I know what I want walked (or perhaps I should say waddled) over to it and patted it for me to lift her up. Why she did that I have no clue because when she wanted to get down she turned herself over and climbed right on down. (She is very independent).
Here is another picture I love. She really enjoyed this little Elmo book. I honestly think she loved it because at the end there is a little mirror and she could look at herself and boy does this girl LOVE to look at herself.
I wish so much that I could record her laugh. This little one laughs from way deep down and she laughs and laughs. Chris was tickling her and she thought it was hysterical. I showed her how to tickle him and of course she would tickle him and he would pretend to laugh hard and she laughed for such a long time. I just can't wait to get her home to her sisters. She is going to love and adore them so much.
We also got a nice surprise today. The Clarke's are now here so we have some company. We met up this evening and had dinner together. I think we had to have been at the restaurant for at least 3 hours. We talked and played cards with Oishin (their son who is so cute) and we talked some more and we waited for the check and waited and waited and....well you get the idea. We are all headed to the orphanage together tomorrow. I can't wait to see how that will work out and who will be sitting on who's lap. It should be interesting to say the least. I'll charge the camera tonight so it is ready to go for pictures of our interesting journey.



4 comments:

  1. Wow she really is a cutie pie, busy body, social sweetie. I can't wait to see how Nadia and Milana will interact. Should be VERY interesting to say the least. Sounds like you guys are thoroughly enjoying your visits. I'm also quite fascinated with the amenities at Milana's orphanage. Nadia's had NOTHING like what you're showing pictures of. A playroom? Ball pit? wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!!! she must be loving all this attention!! what a beauty!!!
    Please say hi to cass for me!!!
    I tried to get an invite to her blog but have not heard from her :(
    Hope all your paperwork is finally done and in for court approval!!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute! I love hearing how excited you are about all that she is doing. It just makes me smile! Praying that all goes smoothly and that you are soon able to bring her home!

    Blessings
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is SO cute! I love that she patted the couch to get up & then got right back down. :-) What an amazing journey ya'll are on, simply amazing. She's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete